Monday, May 16, 2011

Update for May 16

Introduction. It appears that I'm a "once a monther" as far as updating my Blog. I think of all of you daily and of things that I would like to say, but spending time on the computer has been minimal for me. With my blackberry phone, I am able to stay in touch via emails and text to my satisfaction.
News from this end is that Pat and Molly went in for their baby check up and to learn the sex of the baby. Molly's parents were also visiting from Minneapolis. So we all met at the Shack for breakfast and the big announcement. Pat and Molly had a polka dot gift box and opened it to.....a pink t-shirt! So a baby girl is on the horizon!!
Health-wise. I continue to follow thru on my therapies. A couple of new items:
1) Colin and I met with a nutritionist, Hollie. My expectation was that I'd come home with a bunch of vegetable juicing recipes, but rather she likened my situation to "leaky gut syndrome" where we need to repair the lining of my stomach and increase cell vitality moving the spacing between cells closer together. The emphasis is protein and fat (whole foods). So Colin and I have been making chicken stock and making soups. The foods that we've received from people have also been wholesome. My breakfasts tended to be a little low on proteins so more egg breakfasts, etc.
2) Because of pain I went to the Advance Pain Management Clinic and received a "celiac plexus block" which is a series of needles inserted to anesthetize the set of nerves that serve the abdomen. And so far so good. I feel better than I did.
3) I had a lot of pain last week. Part of what I experienced was more "death awareness". Whereas, I've maintained that of that fine line I walked between life and death, I was focused on living on the healing, heathy side. I now feel that I've crossed over where I need to get my affairs in order and say my prayers. If you find yourself thinking in my direction, I appreciated all your positive thoughts....and lighting a candle is a great contribution! Thanks, Kerry
Featured Friend(s). The next generation of the Boyle/McMenus Clan! Pat and Molly's baby will be the first grandchild in my family and the first grandchild of Molly's family. May she lead the way; she will bring us great joy!

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to look forward to the new generation, and what a fun way to celebrate the news.

    Thanks also for your candor about pain and its implications for you right now.

    I celebrate the power of your family to live life's stages in a spirit of mutual support, whether opening a polka-dot box or making broth to strengthen the digestive tract. You, John, and the "kids" are a family unit that routinely impresses and inspires me.

    ReplyDelete