Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Update for June 7





Introduction I don't know when to say "Good By" to all of you as my Blog will end. I feel that I am beginning the dying process. What does that mean? I don't know....things just start to go wrong. I assure you that I'm not in bed at this time and don't yet yearn to sleep a lot. However, I woke up on Saturday - the day we're heading to Holland Lake Lodge for an overnight stay - not being able to walk. John suggested that we'd have to cancel the trip. We had a call in to the Partners in Health Care, but they had to call the doctor and our first nurse who we've had before, acts like he has no idea. Finally, I get the idea of using my hiking poles - gee, I've never been an invalid before! A second call into Partners before we left, gave us more reassurances and suggestions like elevating the legs.







A wonderful trip to Holland Lake Lodge! Pat and Molly said the food was wonderful and they were right! Christian, the owner, and his mother who assists were a delight! Katie, our boxer, also got to go. She quickly claimed our cabin #1, and got a crush the resident male Golden (and he with her). I hobbled around with my hiking poles and we checked out the trailhead. Katie loved the Lake and she walked around in it while we sat in the cabin's chairs by the Lake. For dinner, we shared a crab cake appetizer and John had halibut and I had chicken. For dessert, I had a bosenberry crisp with ice cream!




Next morning after breakfast, we picked out a 2-seater yellow kayak. We aimed for the head of the Lake. I swear with John paddling behind me, he muscled his left side and we continually headed south so I just paddled with my right. It was a good long jaunt and we finally made it to the head of the Lake where there was a waterfall that didn't looked to far off! We attempted a crawl (I can't spell that other word that begins with "b") to the Falls over many fallen logs and debris, but no luck. Beautiful view back down the Lake to the snow-covered Missions.


Wonderful trip for all - back to Missoula where Partners had delivered a diuretic. It hasn't necessarily worked like a charm. Thanks to Maddy, Colin's girlfriend and PA student, for suggesting those tight leg hose. Got some and they give comfort. I still am uncomfortable standing and walking.


My work crew, Olleke and Carma, arrived Monday morning with Carma's trailer for hauling all the debris those two and Sherry trimmed out the week before. My cousin, Mac, ordered 2 yards of soil and began spreading in the garden box. Mac also found a roll of light netting that will enclose the box. I hear rumors that my artist brother, Tom is creating a gate with a centered tree fashioned with rebar. Will miracles never cease! After Carma made one trip to Eco-compost, we began cutting away again. I think Carma can't believe her eyes - she hates the mess! After I don't know how many hours, I called it off - it was too hot in the back of the house. They say another day, but I'm happy and grateful with how much we accomplished.


During this time, the painters have been here too; painting the house. This means the windows on back side of the house are covered with plastic and we can't see out. Ugh! Now it's raining and they can't finish until it stops!


To all you dinner people, thanks again! To all of you who keep me posted on your doings, thanks! And thanks for all the prayers and light. Love, Kerry

4 comments:

  1. What a trip to Holland Lake! Kerry you are an inspiration now as you have always been. I think of you every day. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we say, rather, "until wee meet again."?

    Thank you for your wonderful description of your trip to Holland Lake.

    BTW, be thankful I am not providing dinners! :) Terrible cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you went to Holland Lake and didn't call off the trip. Thanks for taking us on the larger journey. It an act of generosity on your part. I am grateful for your many insights, with all the wisdom and caring they convey.

    ReplyDelete