Saturday, November 6, 2010

Update for November 6

Houston - Here we come! Tomorrow John and I head back to Houston for a second treatment. This is part of the protocol, to have these treatments about once a month. As I've mentioned the routine before, Monday will be spent getting chemotherapy; on Tuesday I will get filled with hydrating fluids; and then on Wednesday I will spend at least 6 hours where my body temperature is at 104 degrees - enough to kill the cancer and help the chemotherapy be effective. Thursday I will recuperate and then on Friday we will return to Missoula.

I've enjoyed the time off that I've had from having weekly chemo sessions in the past three weeks. As I've mentioned in the previous blog, my digestive system continues to be unpredictable. I'll feel normal or well for part of the day and then another part, I'll need to hang close to home.

When I return next friday, I'll have the better part of the week to rest up....and then the whole crew - John, Pat, Molly, Colin, Maddy and I will go to Hawaii for a Michigan State Basketball Classic. Michigan State has been joining some other teams like Kentucky or Conneticut each year for some preseason basketball. Since I'm an alum of MSU, we've followed the Jud Heathcoate/Tom Izzo coaching legacy and all become fans. Plus, we'll enjoy Maui and the sun and warm weather! More on that next time!

Featured Friend - Sherry Munther - This friendship is another one that goes back to the early 1980's and was initially a Forest Service connection. Sherry is a seeker of the wisdom in life and continues to inspire me with her quest for knowledge --taking Molli classes at UM, book club, and taking in womens' or other conferences. She's also a big community contributor thru Kiwannis, Big Brother/Sister, Missoula Business Women's Network and others. My connection, however, has been more on the personal, self-exploration level. We always say -- I need a "Sherry fix" or a "Kerry fix" and then meet for breakfast at the Shack. She's also got those farm girl skills, like canning peaches, making applesauce or jams and has had me help out. I love it but it still hasn't rubbed off enough that I've used my canning jars! Whatever! Sherry's always been there for me! Thanks Sherry!

No comments:

Post a Comment