Saturday, September 25, 2010

Update for September 25

Hey, it's me! This is a short blog this week because I'm feeling lazy and going out to enjoy the sunshine!
I finished 2 weeks of GX (gemzar/xeloda) chemo and am excited to have this week off! We finally heard back from our contacting Dr. Joan Bull and the hyperthermia therapy. It's an experimental trial out of the University of Texas. In a couple of weeks I will go to Houston for tests to see if I qualify for the therapy. John's been busy making the arrangements. Otherwise, not much is new. I'll have to post some pictures of our house remodel which is moving along - Mac, my cousin, is doing the work and it's great to have him around. I've enjoyed some visits from Olleke, Janet, Barb, Sherry, and Kathy and have been continuing my other therapies.
I'll write more soon! Love, Kerry

2 comments:

  1. Here is the link to the Hypothermia clinical trial. It is a very interesting idea. From my understanding pancreatic cancer cells have a protective covering that blocks a lot of chemo drugs. The heat used in the hypothermia treatment removes this protective covering. Pat
    http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00178763

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry! I am believing that you will get in there soon! I think Mac will forever hold a special place in my heart; after the time at Harborview with Levi I felt like he and Connie were such a great support and such a blessing! Glad he is working at your house! Love,
    Genine

    ReplyDelete